Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Peyton's Library Card



Today when Peyton came home from school she was sooooo excited! She ripped this paper out of her Jonas Brothers backpack and shoved it in my face. "Mom, you have to fill this out. I need to get a library card so I can check out books and go to Legoland for FREE!" Ok, ok, ok. After I calmed her down, we proceeded with our after school routine: clean up, snack and homework. She reminded me only twice to fill out the application. Torrance libraries are running an October promotion where kids will get a free paperback book if they sign up to get a library card. Knowing we had to drop Donovan off at baseball practice, I knew we could stop by the library on our way home. Once we got to the library, Peyton grabbed her paperwork but hesitated and said, " Can I wait in the car, Mom?" Of course I don't let her. (Aidan, however, got to stay in the car) Peyton was bouncing and talking non-stop the entire walk up to the door. Once inside, we had to wait, and she kept telling me," Mom, look. We need to wait for a moment." It would have been annoying if I didn't know she was so excited. We finally got our turn. The nice gentleman hands Peyton this huge decorated box which she got to open and choose any book for her to keep! She loved this!! She did a little hiphop happy dance and flashed her new card around like it was a badge.Then, she got a coupon for a free meal from Outback Steakhouse. She also got a coupon for free admission for Legoland and Sea-Life Aquarium. All Aidan could say was, "She scored!!" and " I didn't get ALL this stuff when I signed up!!" His pouting was short lived as we pulled up to our house and their friends were playing outside. Peyton had a happy day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment